This week’s meal features more Asian flavors and a couple of options for noodles that help create a fulfilling meal without a ton of carbs to weigh you down. Gochujang (a spicy korean sauce) noodles with a side of kimchi and hard boiled egg (because hardboiled eggs are easier to prep than a fresh fried egg!).
Here is how I prepared the zoodles:
- Zoodles (about a lb)
- 4 oz Edamame Spaghetti (By Explore Asian – I got a big box from Costco).
- Lean Ground Pork
- 1/4 cup Gochujang
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- Green onion for garnish.
- First I heated up the oil and added the garlic. I mixed the Gochujang, soy sauce, and rice vinegar to make the sauce.
- At the same time, I also cooked the noodles according to the instructions on the box.
- Once the oil was heated, I added the pork to brown. I seasoned this with a little salt/pepper.
- Once the pork was cooked, I added the carrots and let it cook for a few minutes.
- I then added the sauce and zoodles and let that cook for a couple minutes.
- Lastly I added the spaghetti and mixed everything thoroughly.
- Garnished with green onion!
How it looked when I plated it at my office: